Monday, May 31, 2010

Feelings and Emotions

Life is not always a bowl of cherries yes it throws you lemonade and you are suppose to make lemonade.  I get it!  However sometimes everybody falls apart.  Sometimes we don't want to deal with the world outside of our home or inside of it for that matter.  Today I have a mixture of emotions I am feeling.  Emotions are a good thing don't get me wrong.  Happiness well everybody needs more!  Sadness well nobody ever wants to experience it but we do.  Crying however can be good if we keep it all inside we will eventually burst.  Our world is so full of hurt, sadness, pain, and sorrow.  Anger is yet another emotion.  I am not an angry woman however occasionally it does happen.  Anger at those who don't step up to the plate and do what they should.  How can a mother abandon her child?  How can a woman just walk away from a six month old baby lying in a hospital bed?  It angers me to think that someone can just walk away from a child who is so needy.  What gives them the right to put themselves and their needs before others?  I have experienced this as my adopted son was left at a hospital when he was six months old.  His biological mother spent a total of ten minutes over a period of several days with him.  A woman who had twenty two months to get her life in order with a simple to do list.  Did she do it? NO!  Things like get a job, stay drug free, housing.  The court took her rights from her.  I will never forget the judge's words that day as we stood in court and he said that taking a parent's rights was the harshest thing a court could do to a parent.  Did she get?  Does she get it now?  NO!  I saw additional children while we were in Memphis that were five and six month olds left in ICU never loved on or held by a parent.  Even on the Neuro floor there was an older child left alone.  When I have been in the hospital with a child I don't even like going to the restroom and leaving them alone.  I can't imagine the thought of leaving them for minutes, hours, days, or forever.  Sometimes I laugh and say God blessed me with some extra maternal instincts because of the one around me who didn't have any!  So today presents anger.  One day these "mothers" in name only will answer for their abandonment.  My heart breaks in the meantime.  I know for a fact our son is better off with us than her however I hope and pray the same for the other children.  I cannot understand I just know God called me to be a Mommy.  A Mommy to my biological children and a Mommy to my adopted son.  Its my job to pick up the pieces and make the best of it.  So those of you that have babies ya better give them extra loving and teach them to be responsible parents when they grow up.  Those of you who don't pray and consider adopting one of these precious abandoned children.  Everyone needs to feel love.  Everyone deserves a chance at life.  As my momma use to say "God didn't make no junk!"  So it's not grammatically correct however it's the truth!  God didn't create junk He made everyone in His image.  People are the ones who chose their paths.  So for today I am going to go love on my babies and enjoy the gift of Motherhood!

2 comments:

  1. I too am thankful for the opportunity to be a mother. There's no better, harder, more rewarding job on earth. Love you girl!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! However, I now see why God placed this little one in your lives! He is growing you so close to Him and I'm praying that it brings not only you, but your whole family closer to Him! God is showing His amazing strength through your life and I'm praying for you during this time that God has you being the "city on a hill" for all to see. You shine!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete